Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Manor, First Legal Beverage, & Bacon Fries!


This was supposed to post last night but it never went through. I am posting it now and then I will write about today's (May 15th) adventures later on.

It is now 11:50pm here and I am about to pass out! Instead of relaxing, a few of us girls decided to explore the manor, which was a lot of fun! Many, MANY pictures to come from that adventure! I don't think I'll post any tonight though because I am too tired.

Tonight's dinner was hot and spicy chicken, rice (that was rather bland), cooked zucchini, salad, and a fruit salad. It wasn't too bad...typical cafeteria food though.

After dinner we had an official guided tour of the manor. All the guys were concerned with finding secret passages haha and there were a few...but the stories behind the architecture were absolutely amazing! I was able to make a lot of connections with the artwork and styles to the information that I have learned in my humanities classes at Marian....of course many of the other students thought I was a nerd for doing so :) but hey! it's nice to feel culturally literate.

After the tour we went to the Bistro...which is located in the basement of the manor. We hung out there for a while and then decided to walk to a local pub. (We were all exhausted but too excited to go to an English pub so of course we had to go haha) We ended up walking down the mile lane to the pub which I believe is called "Gregory's" after the original owner of the manor.  And yes.....I purchased my first legal beer :) haha it was exciting. I had a Birra Moretti, which is a lighter Italian beer. It was pretty good and I enjoyed sitting and talking with the girls. On the walk back it was raining....and we were super hungry. haha needless to say that mile trek back was not very fun but we made it back to the bistro in time to purchase food before they closed. It was here that I had my first misunderstanding...my roommate Briana and I saw that they had "bacon fries" listed on the menu...so of course starving us decided that sounded delicious.....well when we ordered them the clerk handed us basically what I would describe as a bag of potato chips that were bacon flavored! haha yeah NEVER again! I like bacon...and I like chips....but that combination was not good at all!

Well, class starts at 8am tomorrow...and I am about to fall asleep while typing haha so I shall bid you all adieu and wish you a pleasant evening!

Goodnight!
Sharisse

No comments:

Post a Comment