Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The London Eye


Today we toured London some more :)

We started with a Continental breakfast at the hotel and then headed to the Museum of London at 10am. We talked with the director of Marketing and Tourism there and were able to tour the museum for a little bit. They had a few exhibits dedicated to the Olympics, it was really cool :)

After that we quickly walked to UBS and talked with Barry Roberts. He was born in Nashville, went through Harlaxton's summer program when he was in college and then ended up moving to England to work. He had an interesting accent...Southern mixed with British. He told us a lot about his bank and the work that he does there.

We went to an authentic Spanish restaurant for lunch and then went back to the hotel to change. We had to wear our business professional attire....and let me tell you, heels in a big city where you have to walk a couple miles here and there...not the smartest choice on my part. haha 

Once we changed we traveled to the London Eye. It's a big Ferris wheel type thing that overlooks the city. Oh my word...I was able to get some amazing pictures!! Which by the way, I apologize for not posting pictures regularly...I just haven't had the time.

After the London Eye we went to dinner at a pub called "The Court." They had phenomenal fish and chips!!! :) We all were exhausted though afterwards and had a hard time walking back to the hotel. Which reminds me!!! We took the tube today! This was my first time using it....and if it wouldn't have been for the guys leading the way...I'm fairly certain I would not have gotten anywhere! The tube is the subway of England and it's chaotic, especially during rush hour!! I love the city but don't think I could travel via the tube everyday.

Now we are just back at the hotel, obviously relaxing in the lobby since I'm using wifi. I've definitely realized how good I have it with my electronics at home. I'm not quite sure what we are doing the rest of the night but probably just hanging out at the hotel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment