Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Arrived Safely and Trying to Get Acclimated


The flight went well! Everything was on schedule and there was minimal turbulence. I ended up watching Hansel & Gretel: The Witchhunters and Hotel Transylvania.....I suppose if you do your calculations you can correctly guess that I did not sleep much. I only got about an hour of sleep 😒. The two babies that alternated crying sessions did not help with this....I have never been one to be annoyed with babies, but with minimal sleep and a long flight....it quickly became extremely annoying.

Once in the UK, I went through customs (mind you this is at 8am London time, 3am Indiana time)....the lovely man working with me found it his job to interrogate me...casually look around....then decide I was clear. Haha it was only about two minutes but those were the longest two minutes of my life!

I picked up my luggage then ventured to "The Meeting Point" haha there was literally a place with that name at the airport....we waited until all members arrived and then took a coach to Harlaxton....which was about a 2hr drive. I tried to stay awake to view the country side....but one can only see so many green open fields on an hour of sleep. 

We arrived at Harlaxton around 2pm in the afternoon. We are now settled into our rooms and relaxing/napping until dinner at 5pm. I have a roommate named Briana (and no it's not Briana Schrock haha), she just graduated this past Saturday from Marian and is with the Sociology department. She seems fun :)

 I am going to try to post pictures on here but if that doesn't work I will for sure put them up on facebook.

Sending love from England!
Sharisse

No comments:

Post a Comment