Saturday, May 11, 2013

Preparations!

Well, two more days until my flight leaves for England! I am super excited!! :) 

 I have never blogged before so I apologize in advance if I am not the greatest at it. I suppose I should begin by explaining what exactly I will be doing.

May 13th through 25th  I will be in England with the Marian University School of Business with 13 other students and a professor. There are a few other departments that are traveling with us as well: Nursing, Sociology, and I believe a few from Humanities and Education. I will receive 3 credit hours for my experience...so obviously this trip will not be solely tourism. I will be studying 'The Modern British Service Economy' and am quite excited about it.

 The 13th to the 20th I will be residing in the Harlaxton Manor in Lincolnshire, England. It is the British campus of the University of Evansville and looks very much like Hogwarts from the Harry Potter series. I will be sure to post pictures! My last few nights in England I will be staying at the Royal National Hotel in London. Throughout the two weeks I will be visiting many sites. The following is a list of a few locations: the Lincoln Cathedral/Lincoln Castle, Belton House in Grantham, Nottingham Forest Football Club, Lea Valley, London's Olympic site, Cambridge, Burghley House, Museum of London, UBS London, Lloyd's of London, the Bank of England Museum, etc. There will also be a few days that I will have free time to explore other various attractions.

So this is the first time that I will be traveling alone, not just without my parents but without anyone that I know. But, as most of you reading this know, that will not last long as I will make conversation with those around me :) Prayers will still be greatly appreciated!

England has always been at the top of my "bucket list" of travel destinations and I feel so incredibly blessed with this opportunity! I am hoping to be able to share majority of my experience with you via blog and pictures! 

Thanks for all your support,
Sharisse

No comments:

Post a Comment